Friday, June 15, 2012

The Tu-Tu Project

This Sunday is Father's Day, and I am so blessed to have not only a fantastic husband, who is an amazing dad to our two girls, but we also have both our dads still with us, still in great health with all their marbles.  So that is something we really are thankful for.

I think that when we think of breast cancer awareness and raising money for breast cancer research, too often the men fall by the wayside.  Although when my mother was a young girl, the first person she ever met who had breast cancer was a man, the fact is that breast cancer is often thought of as a woman's disease.  There are surely not as many men who participate in the 3-day as there are women.

This is why when I came across this website, called, The Tu-Tu Project, I was absolutely thrilled.  A man who takes photographs of himself wearing nothing but a tu-tu in just about any weather and setting, to raise breast cancer awareness (his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer), is just amazing to me.  Below is one photo that is particularly heartwarming and made my breath catch in my throat.  It is so unusual, yet so beautiful at the same time.


I have honestly never seen this before in my entire life and I doubt that I will again.  You can feel the love and the dedication in this photo.  Any man who would stand in the snow barefoot, wearing a tu-tu is a man who is serious about ridding the world of breast cancer.  Not that the rest of us aren't just as serious about it, mind you, it's just that seeing this photo and reading his story on his website, makes me think that walking 60 miles, may not be as nutty as I originally thought.  At least I will not have to do it barefoot and in the snow.

Happy Father's Day to my dad, my husband and my father-in-law.  Happy Father's Day to both my grandfathers in heaven.  And a great weekend to all!

Faith, Hope and Love,


Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment