Friday, May 4, 2012

May the Fourth Be With You: Communing with "Nature"

This morning I took a 3-mile walk in a new neighborhood.  Since I live in a suburban area most of the walking I do involves trails in parks, or sidewalks in neighborhoods.  Hence the "nature" in quotes in title of this post.  For fun I decided to take a picture of all the pink flowering bushes I could possibly find throughout the course of my walk.   I know that all of them had to be deliberately planted there, but to me it's nice to see a well-kept landscape.

This isn't pink, but you don't see leaves
 growing out of a trunk everyday!
I love the big lush flowers--these are the
kinds I want to pick right off the bush!






I really like the pink and red bushes together here.
These tiny flowers were my favorites--wish I knew what they were.
These two are pretty similar but still pretty.

Today I walked 3 miles in about an hour.  If I hadn't stopped to take pictures I probably would have walked more, but I'm glad I did it.  Today was the first day I actually can feel like it's spring.  My sneakers got soaked towards the end of my walk because I walked through the grass, but on the plus side, it's warm enough to change into my new pink flip flops that I bought at DSW last week.

I won't post those photos until I've had a pedicure though ; )

Faith, Hope and Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment