Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beach Walking Fun!

Finally got around to downloading those photos from my iPhone.  Remember when I said I went on vacation and took one 3 and a half mile walk?  Well, on this walk I took pictures of interesting "curb appeal" because I like to do this for decorating ideas.  Plus some beach houses just look really cool!

Check it out:




Probably the coolest idea ever!  Who knew you could use old doors as an entryway for your front yard and have it look this cool?
 The picture on the right is from the same house.  I love the way the owner uses natural elements here.  It's what you should see when you go to the shore.
This is from another house.  I loved all the different chairs.  And the sideboard.  It looks like it belongs in a turn of the century dining room, not in someone's front yard at the shore!
This pic on the right is the quintessential salt box house.  I love the picket fence in front.  It's not trying to be cute, but it really is!

 This little wooden cutout cracked me up!  Adorable, yet passive aggressive at the same time.  Gotta love it!
This pic on the right reminds me of how we used to decorate my dad's family's shorehouse when I was a kid.  Just put a rusty crab trap out front.  Then they know you mean business!

 This is the view from the bulkhead I stopped at.  It was a gorgeous day and the water was so calm. 
 The pic with the pink flowers was a memorial garden I stopped at that was right on the bay.  I thought it was fitting considering the pink in the picture, as well as part of the reason why I walk.  It's not only to fight breast cancer but to remember those who fought, but did not live to see a cure.  It reminds me why I fight, for them, as well as the loved ones left behind.
 A tilted, seaweed covered beach.  It was deserted at that time of the day.
This is the dog who nearly attacked me when I tried to get his photo.  There is nothing scarier using the zoom lens on your iPhone camera and watching the dog come closer and closer to you.  Yeah he was not that happy!

So far my beach walk has been the most fun of all my training walks.  But I am happy to report that since I joined a gym on Monday, I have gone 4 times in the past week, and used the child care twice!  Not too shabby.  Let's hope I can keep it going.

Faith, Hope and Love


Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment