Sunday, April 22, 2012

Making it to $2300!

As of last night, just before midnight, I received an email informing me of a new donation.  Little did I know that this donation would bring my total raised to $2300.62!  So today not only marks Earth Day, but it also marks a new phase in my journey to the 3-Day!  Now the focus shifts from fundraising for myself, to helping my team members fundraise, and also to training.

It's supposed to rain in my area for the next few days so it looks like it's the "dreadmill" at least for a little while.  If it warms up a little bit I might walk in the rain anyway, but it will definitely cut the walk short.  I would like to say that I'm psyched to walk outside, no matter what the weather, but that definitely is not the case!  The treadmill at least will help me get the miles in and I've downloaded "Funny Farm" to my Kindle Fire so at least I will be able to watch a corny 80's movie while I walk.  That's always a plus.  Lamb Fries!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my joyful news!  I am definitely still going to continue fundraising, but the nervousness I had previously about not being able to make it to $2300 is gone!  I certainly didn't expect to get there as quickly as I have (I have been at it since October) and of course I am blown away by the generosity of great friends and family.  I of course will continue to fundraise (my new goal is $2400) but I am more focused on the teammates who have not met their minimum fundraising requirements yet.

I will continue to update this blog with news about our team fundraisers and my training!  Thanks for reading!

Faith, Hope and Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment