Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pot of Gold Party

Last night I had an open house type party fundraiser at my house. Arbonne was there, Lia Sophia was there, and I had Your Golden Opportunity there buying gold from the guests.

Turnout was disappointing to say the least. I invited over 30 people, less than half responded, and out of the ones who responded yes, only about 8 people showed up. Two of them Ta-Ta team members. To top it off, some of the people who had brought gold were disappointed that what they thought was gold jewelry, wasn't gold jewelry.

The Arbonne and Lia Sophia consultants were both very kind and gracious even though they did not get a lot of orders, but I was grateful to them for taking the time to come out and be there. The show closes in one week (on March 9) if anyone is interested in ordering something by then. I will get a percentage of the sales going towards my fundraising goal.





Above is a picture of Christine, Lisa and I wearing our Pot of Gold t-shirts. I still have some of those left. You can comment on this post if you'd like to purchase one. They are $15 each, with $5 from each shirt going towards my 3 day fundraising goal. I think I'll wear mine for St. Patty's Day!

Last night taught me a couple of things:

1. Never expect people to RSVP to a party where you are selling stuff. Unless you are really close friends or something like that. They will never tell you outright that they don't like stuff like that. And some people think that no RSVP at all is better than a "no" RSVP. Personally I would prefer any response to no response at all.

2. I think most people would rather just write a check and donate directly to your website or send in a check or something, than buy stuff they don't necessarily need.

3. Sometimes people will donate just to get you to stop bothering them. OK I am kidding about this part. Sort of.

No matter what the motivation, what I really want is more donations. As of today and counting the cash I made at the Pot of Gold Party, I am at $1360.00. Which is over $100 more than I had yesterday. So as Christine says, keep going!

Faith, Hope and Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment