Monday, September 3, 2012

My Training Walks

It's only about a month until the 3-Day and I have done a few long training walks.  This Saturday I plan on doing an 18-mile walk on Long Beach Island.  Along with 4 of my team members we will be walking from Barnegat Lighthouse to Beach Haven. 

One of the things over the last month that has really done me in is the heat.  It hasn't been so bad in the past few weeks, but end of July was probably the worst.  Below is a video I recorded in the middle of one of my long training walks.  It was about 95 degrees outside with high humidity.


The good news is I discovered The Walking Company.  Got my foot analyzed by their computer and special insoles, as well as a great pair of shoes.




Also, discovered Wacoal for a great sports bra.  They are expensive but you can't beat them for support!


I have come to the conclusion that if you are cup size C and above, regular sports bras will not do it!  You need underwire.  I love this one!  I wear it for walks and for going to the gym.

I will be back in a few days to talk about other stuff I did this past weekend, but needed to catch up on my posting.  Below are some pictures of things that got me through the heat!

 


 The ice cream truck, where I purchased Pina Colada water ice (no alcohol of course) and beautiful shady areas.  Nothing beats that walking path especially on a hot day!















The blue drink is something I had on vacation a few weeks ago.  That and a pool helped so much!


Today is Labor Day!  In two more days my oldest will be starting school.  Next week my youngest will start her school year.  I can't believe the whole summer has passed and still have done just 10 miles at one time.  Have been going to the gym faithfully 4 times a week.  One month and 2 days until the 3-Day!

Faith, Hope and Love,


Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment